About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Finance Treasury Technology Team. As a member of the team you will work in support of our Asset Liability Business to help reduce Interest and Liquidity Risk to Wells Fargo. In this role you will work with upstream data and business partners to analyze and become the Subject Matter Expert for new and existing functionality in our platform.
As an Agile team member you will work within the technology team to help drive product vision, analysis, design, implementation and testing to help ensure we are providing best in class solutions for our business.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with SME and Business Partners to analyze new/existing business requirements
- Design, develop, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Deliver the successful execution of business initiatives
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients' needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ Years of strong SQL experience (PL/SQL and T-SQL)
- 2+ Years of .NET application & data architecture and solution design
- 2+ Years' experience with Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata
- 2+ Years' experience in the Financial Services industry
- 2+ years' experience with ETL data warehousing processes – data wrangling and transformation
- 2+ years' experience Relational Data Modeling experience.
- Working knowledge of Python
- Data Modeling experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work outside regular business hours
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.