The Associates are looking for a Solutions Architect to join a Financial services organisation for at least a year long contract to select and implement a SaaS based General Ledger GL / ERP solution. We are looking for techno functional Solution Architects who have excellent experience across Oracle Fusion or Workday or MS Dynamics. The ideal candidate would also have a level of knowledge around IFRS 17. The contract remuneration will be commensurate with your experience. The ideal start date is towards the end of January but this is not set in stone. The vast majority of the work will be conducted remotely.
As the Solution Architect you would own the design, implementation pattern, integrations, delivery quality, performance, security and ease of operations support for the new General Ledger solution built using a Cloud/SAAS platform. This will involve building a deep understanding of the colleague and partner experience in the journeys supported by the General Ledger implementation project – including finance, accounting, procure-to-pay, reporting, performance management, data analysis, finance planning, budgeting, project accounting, auditing, compliance and other such related processes, and creating a epic and feature roadmap that helps colleagues to make effective use of the out of the box capabilities offered by the Cloud/SAAS products. The emphasis should be on using standard functionalities with minimal configuration, and ideally zero customisation so that time to deliver is as low as possible, while protecting future upgrade paths and ensuring smooth integrations. The role will also involve building an understanding of the current GL solution in use, the integration strategy, the data strategy, the IFRS17 compliance design approach, and aligning the GL to all of these through collaborative engagement with the wider architecture function. The role will also contribute to the evolving standards within areas affiliated with the GL domain. The role involves collaboration with partners, vendors, and a team consisting of business analysts, developers, other architects and testers to deliver an excellent user experience.
The Solution Architect's ownership will require you to
– Influence the selection of the correct product for the client by evaluating the RFP responses from candidate bidders.
– Drive the definition of the solution using standard out of the box capability of the GL product selected.
– Identify the optimum way to deliver the best customer/user experience by leveraging the configuration capabilities within the product to shorten training time for users
– Minimise customisation through tight architectural control, and use recommended patterns supported by the standard SAAS product for configuration and integration
– Plan for the integration of the GL solution to other architecture elements within the client and in partner software and third party software, ideally using standard connectors.
– Create adequate documentation to permit operational support teams to carry out routine and exceptional tasks with minimal disruption to user experience.
The responsibilities within the Solutions Architect role include
- Making sure that the multi-device experience supported by the selected product is leveraged to the maximum
- Designing the security standards to comply with the security policy and support management of user access using standard patterns (including SSO as appropriate).
- Contributing to the design of test and acceptance criteria to effectively validate the solution delivered.
- Contributing to the design of the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) so that all currently GL capabilities are available at the point of cutover, with new features available via a subsequent release as necessary.
- Owning on-time and on-budget delivery of the project in collaboration with the wider team.
- To act as a positive role model and mentor to colleagues, partners and customers.
- To bring knowledge of hands-on experience of implementation of standard SAAS GL products – e.g. Oracle Fusion, Workday, Dynamics, etc – in the recent past.
- To leverage data analysis and reporting capabilities from the SAAS product, and also the ability to synchronise and move data into other platforms to support management reporting and analytics.
It is essential that have experience across
- Strong technical acumen
- Hands-on recent experience in configuration, customisation and implementation of SAAS-based GL products – e.g. Oracle Fusion, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Analysis of journey requirements and prioritisation of features and epics to create implementation roadmap
- Technology Supplier Management skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Resource Management Skills
- Planning and Release Management
- Using standard integration connectors and patterns to support smooth, reliable, secure integrations and data feeds between the GL and other systems
- Excellent problem solving skills.
In addition the advantageous experiences would include
- Implementation leadership in multiple SAAS GL products in the recent past
- Finance industry, general insurance sector experience.
- Implementing a GL/ERP – including procure-to-pay for Multi-country, multi-entity and complex global business
- Integration techniques and patterns
- Standard connectors with Boomi or other integration providers
As the Solutions Architect you will be working in a highly collaborative environment within a growing business who are expanding locally and internationally. You will not have direct line management responsibility in this matrix managed environment. This is a highly influential role where you as the Solution Architect will be the subject matter expert for product selection and delivery.