EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level DevOps Software Development Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Transform data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Develop, analysis and reporting capabilities to direct support of business goals.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of how to analyze data and build predictive models based on stakeholder input.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, data science or related technical field
- Basic knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution and implement solutions in software.
- Familiarity with software version control/configuration management with Bitbucket and/or Git.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods.
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS or Google
- Knowledge of any database (relational or object oriented) such as My SQL and MongoDB.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills and have experience working across varying business and technical functional units
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.