Embeddesd Software Engineer
LOCATION: Avon / Ohio (US-OH), United States | BRAND: Bendix | REQUISITION ID: 1091 | JOB GRADE: 17
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years’setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Embedded Software Engineer
Position Summary and essential functions:
Software Product Engineer focused on technical and project management responsibilities to develop PC diagnostic tools and applications in support of Bendix’s electronic control products. This includes field service, programming, and manufacturing tools.
- Leads cross functional business and engineering teams to develop PC based utilities for embedded products in support of service, programming, and manufacturing needs.
- Remain flexible to changing responsibilities, project prioritization, and workload adjustments.
- Lead all technical and quality aspects of the project.
- Exercise technical judgement in working with cross functional teams.
- Provides technical leadership on solutions and exchange of information.
- Develop APIs and specialty PC applications in support of customer applications and embedded system tool needs.
- Drives requirements documentation, requirements analysis and evaluation of design and system architecture.
SW PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting project milestones and objectives
- Plans and defines project schedules, pricing and budget, quality specifications and personnel and financial resource needed.
- Coordinates internally and with customers to define product functionality and technical deliverables.
- Tracks project performance using PM tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Monitors the budgets and takes actions in case of deviations.
- Reports on a regular basis to external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Leads the development team in a Scrum Product Development working structure.
- Industry experience in vehicles, automotive, or aerospace industries.
- Experience in the management and development of PC based utilities for embedded products.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully leading multiple cross-functional teams, identifying needs, and utilizing project management methodologies to meet project deliverables.
- PMI PMP certified, Agile experienced, and MS Project Skills preferred.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or equivalent PC development platform
- Experience with software configuration management systems (i.e., PTC integrity).
- Experience in developing software test plans and test cases.
- Experience with communication tools and adapters such as Vector CAN Case, Vector CANalyzer and vehicle RP1210 devices.
- Familiarity with one or more communication networks (CAN, J1939, J1587, ISO 14229, J2497, LIN a plus).
- Experience with Borland C++ builder.
- Experience with software license management and cybersecurity topics is a plus.
- Engineer 4 Minimum 7+ years’ experience required.
- Excellent organization skills with a capability to prioritize time and resources to achieve the completion of tasks / goals.
- Ability to assimilate data quickly.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new skills, solve problems with a positive and creative attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to ensure success in a cross-functional, team environment developing solutions through collaboration.
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter with a high level of energy.
- Sense of urgency and hands-on attitude.
- Customer focused, self-starter
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science a plus.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
– Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
– 401k Plan with Company matching
– Retirement Savings Plan
– Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
– Wellness Program and incentives
– Telework policy
– On-Site Fitness Center
– On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
– Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
– Basic Life Insurance
– Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
– Short Term Disability
– Business Travel Accident Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
– Medical and Prescription insurance
– Dental insurance
– Vision insurance
– Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
– Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
– Long Term Disability
– Accident Plan
– Critical Illness Plan
– Hospital Indemnity Plan
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron