Program Manager/Software Engineer – Level II & III
Location: Richardson, TX (suburb of Dallas)
Job ID: #64839
– Must be a US citizen (no dual citizenship)
– Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance
Pay rate is negotiable and based on experience
Our team is looking for Level II & III Software Engineers with Program Management experience. The candidate must be able to split time between execution of software programming work statement and program management functions as required.
As an engineer on our team, you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems by implementing embedded software communications protocols, encryption algorithms, and/or platform software for our sophisticated software-defined radios that enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice, and imagery in real time.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Must be knowledgeable in C++, C, Java, and Python.
- Work closely with fellow systems and software engineers, Technical Project Engineers (PEs), Product Line / Program Management, hardware, electrical, and support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Work closely with both customer and Butler Program Management and other internal support teams to ensure that all contractual, financial, and technical requirements are met.
- Must possess excellent communication and team-building skills in addition to a strong technical background.
Primary Responsibilities (software development)
- Software development and integration role on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases
- Support the design and development of embedded software solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
Primary Responsibilities (program management)
- Multi-discipline team building and management using Waterfall or Agile approaches as required
- Primary Program POC between customer and Butler
- Ensure budget, schedule, and technical quality tracking and management requirements are met (both contractual and internal)
- Provide input to monthly staffing and financial forecasting
- Coordinate with Sales, Recruiting, Finance, IT, and other internal Butler support organizations as required
- Maintenance of metrics and records necessary to meet Butler QMS/AS9100 requirements as well as any customer contractual quality requirements
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. The candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR, in absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- High-level understanding of digital signal processing
- C/C++ experience
- Experience leading Waterfall and/or Agile teams
- Active U.S. DoD Security Clearance
- Java Experience
- Understanding of Digital Filters
- Understanding of VLF signal processing
- Knowledge and experience with embedded software architecture design
- Experience is desired in the integration of embedded systems and development of software applications in an integrated architecture.
- Previous cost account management experience
- Prior Project leadership experience
- Tool familiarity with the following: SEER-SEM, RedHat, Linux, ALM, Eclipse, Subversion
This position will support defining the future of armed forces on Air Force and Navy defense systems from Richardson, TX.
Benefits provided: 6 paid holidays, 401K, medical, dental, and vision, sick leave as applicable to state law
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity and inclusion for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Please apply via LinkedIn, or send resume directly to Becky Norman at [email protected]