Embedded Software Engineer – Stonehouse – Oil & Gas
One of our long-standing Oil & Gas clients are currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the embedded software that is integral to the measurement and control systems. You will evaluate methods, technology and development tools to be used for projects, and help define and implement frameworks and design practices.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and implement embedded software for measurement and control systems incorporating multiple processors using real time operating systems.
- Design high-speed, hard-real-time data acquisition and logging systems.
- Implement DSP algorithms.
- Gather and analyze requirements and estimations.
- Coordinate software development with other disciplines and engineering projects.
- Design testing procedures. Conduct and coordinate tests, document results and develop presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Support Manufacturing and field organizations on design and testing related issues.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in multidisciplinary technical reviews of projects.
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Embedded Software Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computing & Electronics Engineering or related field
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Knowledge in Arm and TI processors would be advantageous especially: ARM 7, Cortex M4 and 28335 DSP
- Experience in writing hardware and peripheral drivers
- Excellent knowledge communication protocols such as CAN, RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C etc
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills