Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Embedded Software Engineer based in Reading, Berkshire. Please note, hybrid working options are available.
The successful candidate will earn a very competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package.
The appointed candidate will be an experienced Software Engineer who is a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player. You will become part of a Software Development team creating innovative products and features for the global security industry.
The primary purpose of this role is to design, code, test and maintain the high quality code with in the company's security products.
You Will Demonstrate Experience In
- C++ and C,.
- Embedded Linux.
- Object oriented design methods and tools.
- Target debugs, monitors or simulators.
- Creation of quality technical documentation.
- Source code control systems.
- Proven experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Debugging skills.
Even better if you have worked with
- Comms MQTT,TLS, REST API, RS485, USB.
- Java script.
- ARM processors.
- Real Time Operating Systems.
- UI/UX coding.
- TCP and UDP communications.
- Familiarity with peripherals e.g. GPIO, DMA, ADC, Timers, etc.
- Wi-Fi, OTA, uboot, 3G and 4G modems.
- Software test automation.
- To Research, design, develop and debug software solutions for new and existing products and features.
- Provision of a full set of technical documentation for allocated projects and provide support for those projects where future design changes are required.
- Ensuring product designs and code conform to all relevant standards pertaining to safety, functionality and performance.
- Ensuring new code and updated code is fully tested with no regressions.
- Participation in code and design reviews
- Investigate and resolved issues within the code.
- Provide ongoing support to all stakeholders including customers.
- Use Skills, experience to train, and develop team members.
Our client is a world-leading manufacturer of electronic security equipment for use in residential, commercial and industrial applications in the intruder alarm market.
The company design a wide range of multi-award-winning wired and wireless intruder alarm solutions, utilising market-leading technologies developed exclusively by our in-house R&D team.
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button