Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is changing electric mobility and aims at becoming the standard for EVs. Our disruptive corner technology enables a completely flat and modular chassis that supports all mission-specific EVs from class 1 to class 6. Our Electric Vehicle platforms provide maximum room for passengers, cargo and batteries with the smallest footprint.
They are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our fast-growing R&D team. This role is perfect for anyone looking to grow their career within an exciting industry and be at the forefront of the EV evolution.
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the software requirements for assigned system functionality.
- Creating, updating and maintaining software architecture and designs for implementation in various languages such as C.
- Understanding and implementing software verification strategies.
- Creating, updating and performing software tests.
- Responsible for all embedded software solutions that includes the design, coding, testing, and debug of Embedded System Software for new and existing cutting-edge products.
- Authoring technical documentation as required and ensuring compliance with the relevant engineering policies and procedures and standards.
- Develop automotive grade embedded systems.
- Manage communication protocols, external and internal interfaces.
- Design for integration with automotive mechanical systems and work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Design under safety and quality standard
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as an RT Embedded Software Engineer.
- Experience of the software design lifecycle within automotive, aerospace or similar embedded software development environment, this could have been gained through a placement / internship, or, from direct work experience.
- Real-time programming proven experience would be advantageous.
- Awareness of different software verification strategies and test equipment.
- Programming experience in C is an essential requirement.
- Knowledge of CAN bus communication.
- Knowledge and experience of using Vector tools.
- Automotive experience is desirable, however, candidates from all backgrounds would be considered.
- Knowledge of the following hardware drivers: SPI, I2C, SENT.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard to meet demanding targets.
- Candidates must have ILR to live and work in the UK.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.