We are looking for an accomplished Data Engineer to design, architect, implement and support Jefferies Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) platform. The individual will be part of Enterprise Data Lake Center of Excellence team responsible for working with various IT program teams at Jefferies to on-board them on the EDL Platform, assist with design and architecture, provide technical guidance and trainings on key data lake concepts and layout the standards for firm-wide data lake adoption.
- Expertise in designing and building Data Platforms on AWS cloud from ground-up.
- Knowledge of AWS Data services like Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena, EMR and RDS.
- Ability to design data applications on AWS ensuring scalability, high availability, and cost governance.
- Ability to present and communicate with Senior technology and business stakeholders with ease.
- In-depth understanding of basic AWS concepts e.g., VPCs, Security Groups, IAM permissions.
- Expertise in designing, building, and deploying Data Processing pipelines on AWS cloud.
- Programming expertise in one of Python, Scala or Java.
- Hands-on experience in creating data pipelines using Spark Dataframes or RDD APIs.
- Knowledge of deploying spark applications on AWS EMR or Databricks platforms and performance tuning of Spark applications.
- Exposure to Orchestration tools like Apache Airflow to schedule data pipelines.
- Understanding of data lake and data warehousing concepts e.g., Dimensional Modeling, Star and Snowflake Schema, Data Catalog etc.
- Understanding of Cloud native file formats e.g., Parquet, Avro, ORC etc.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL including Joins, creating views and analytical functions.
- Individual Certified in AWS is a plus .
- Financial Services industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of enterprise Data products like Databricks and Snowflake is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate with ease the complex and technical concepts.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
It is Jefferies policy that all employees and visitors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter any Jefferies office or participate in any Jefferies or client event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy.
Mar 25, 2022, 7:03:30 PM