Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Director, Dev Ops, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of platform engineers responsible for designing, building, and operating a next-gen Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline to build, package, and deploy products. The pipeline will facilitate our software release process in a hybrid environment and automate repetitive processes for development teams. You will have the opportunity to grow a talented team and build a state-of-the-art DevOps platform to help XPO achieve its goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a team of talented platform engineers
- Build new extensible and flexible CI/CD frameworks and enhance existing ones to support multiple concurrent development efforts across many projects in a hybrid (On Prem and cloud) environment
- Create and manage extensible and flexible version and configuration management processes for multiple concurrent development, integration, test, and production environments that include web, mobile and cloud components
- Identify, evaluate, and implement tools / technologies to drive automation and optimization of version control, configuration management and CI/CD processes
- Define and implement processes to track, update, and modify multiple dev/test environments, including the ability to create new ones quickly or remove unused ones
- Drive adoption of standardized SCM and CI/CD processes and identify, implement, and track key metrics for visibility
- Recruit, develop, and retain talent to build the next gen DevOps team and ensure the staff has the skills and capabilities to meet development needs
- Collaborate with the multi-shore development teams to understand requirements, propose changes, and gain alignment to drive continuous improvement and automation into the SCM and CI/CD processes
What you need to succeed in this role at XPO:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of software development (Java or .NET), Dev Ops, and Configuration Management
- Solid understanding of DevOps and configuration management spanning web, mobile and cloud domains.
- 5 years of experience with CI/CD pipelines, tools and infrastructures for applications deployed On Prem and in the Cloud
- 5 years of experience with software configuration management (SCM) environments for multiple parallel development efforts and complex branching strategies
- 5 years of experience managing complex development, test, integration, and production environments with different versions, building new environments, and providing support for existing ones
- Scripting experience to automate repetitive processes including creating build scripts using tools like Ant/Gradle/Maven etc.
- Experience with repositories like GitHub, BitBucket, Google Cloud Source Repositories
- Experience with CI/CD tools like TeamCity, Jenkins and Octopus, Ansible or GitLab etc.
- Understanding of and experience container builds using Docker
It’d be great if you also have:
- Cloud experience, specifically working with GCP (preferred).
- Experience with Terraform, GitHub Actions (preferred)
- Experience in working with diverse teams across wide geographical regions, both US and International
Do something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.