Why Rolls Royce SMR?
Do you have a desire to work for a company that is operating on the forefront of technological excellence? A desire to put your experience in data engineering a digital expertise to work, innovating to create a brighter, and cleaner future in the supply of energy for all? Consider yourself an innovator, tenacious and entrepreneurial? We’re working with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit two new Digital and Data engineers to join their team in Derby / Warrington
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct, and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactor power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
Reporting to the Digital and Data Manager, Digital and Data Engineers will be responsible for pioneering the digital and data methods and tools that need to be implemented in the SMR programme to underpin all aspects of our digital vision and strategy.
- Assess and develop future digital and data capabilities and technologies relevant to the SMR programme
- Working with state-of-the-art tools, assess future trends, and develop digital services as demonstrators and beta service offerings.
- Working with colleagues to understand and implement requirements
- Working with systems engineering methodology to support and secure the data supply chain, understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined / transformed into a single data set.
- Develop processes to analyse, cleanse, join and transform data.
- Implementing designed / specified solutions into the chosen platform (e.g. Data Mesh)
- Working with colleagues to ensure that the infrastructure available can meet the solution requirements.
- Planning, designing, and conducting tests of solutions, correcting errors to achieve validated and verified results.
- Appreciate how to manage the data including security, archiving, structure, and storage.
The data ops team are looking for two types of engineers:
A Digital engineer with a background in Software Development, particuarly focussed on fullstack development to work with PowerApps within the infrastructure.
- PowerApps Development
- Fullstack Development
A Digital engineer with a background in Data Science, particularly focussed on scenario/safety modelling and machine learning.
- AI / Machine learning
- Scenario modelling