We are a Swiss company seeking a DevOps Team Lead who is an enthusiastic team player with great initiative and a “get it done” attitude to join our team. We offer a great life-work balance for a fully remote position anywhere in the UK, Ireland, Spain and Portugal. You will lead a team of Azure DevOps Engineers working to improve our infrastructure and processes. You will also collaborate with other areas of the company to facilitate the adoption of the DevOps culture across the organization.
- Oversee, lead and mentor DevOps engineers, maintaining best industry DevOps practices
- Participate in technical research and design of our Cloud solutions guaranteeing high availability, top performance and reliability
- Guarantee continuous integration and continuous delivery of our software
- Collaborate with 16 Software Development teams understanding their requirements and finding solutions for their needs
- Handle more than 200 applications across more than 20 different environments and dozens of different technologies
- Previous team lead experience is preferred but not essential
- Motivational skills, ability to communicate and build relationships on all levels
- Experience with Cloud environments, preferably Azure
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably Powershell
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of systems networking
- Knowledge of docker containers and/or Kubernetes
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being leave days
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and fully remote working opportunities anywhere in the UK
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices from different areas of IT. We also have new projects and technologies being introduced all the time pushing you to keep on learning and evolving.
Who We Are
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
If you are looking to accelerate your cloud computing career within a dynamic and multicultural company, this role could be for you!
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.