WHAT TO EXPECT
The Tools Development Team provide solutions to understand, process and visualise complex simulation and vehicle data within the Vehicle Dynamics team. We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps & Software engineer to join a team of 10 people.
Software tool development and deployment plays a vital role in supporting the Vehicle Dynamics attribute and wider Chassis team – enabling robust and rapid engineering decisions when delivering Jaguar Land Rover products of the future.
The role will enable Jaguar Land Rover to increase efficiency and robustness, delivered by having common integrated software tools and a high degree of process automation, tailored to serve the needs of Chassis engineering. The primary focus of the role is DevOps support for the team, but you will also be expected to contribute to software development projects.
The successful candidate will ideally be an AGILE advocate and practitioner and will be responsible for task delivery in a Scrum team. Experience in managing backend infrastructure (e.g. managing SQL database servers, Jenkins automated testing framework, app packaging & release) is essential. Some experience in a formal object-oriented programming language such as MATLAB is also required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead project delivery, working closely with internal and external customers
* Responsible for managing the team's database servers & testing servers
* Responsible for the team's app packaging & release process
* Responsible for supporting the team's automated testing framework
* Responsible for creating database structures
* Responsible for developing MATLAB toolboxes and processing functions
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Backend infrastructure experiencemanaging database servers
* app packaging/release
* automated testing
* Experience with Object Oriented Programming languages such as C++ / MATLAB
* AGILE advocate and SCRUM practitioner
* Experience of Jira customisation to streamline internal working practises
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment
* Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery System or a similar engineering delivery process
* Basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals and suspension components
* Experience of using an automated testing framework such as Jenkins