The Site DevOps Engineer is responsible for the construction and maintenance of tools used by the development teams to build and support applications from conception to production. The ability to apply open-source technologies is essential in this role. This position requires the ability to successfully partner with other DevOps Engineers and development teams to deliver and maintain projects in an agile, enterprise environment. The DevOps Engineer must be comfortable supporting of multiple programs and teams simultaneously as well as display exceptional technical communication skills. This position may be performed in a remote, work from home, environment with 3 days per quarter required onsite as determined by business need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure underlying all development and production systems. This includes configuration management systems, Buckle’s continuous-integration (CI) pipeline, and deployment engine.
- Configure, monitor and maintain applications on multiple cloud technologies.
- Perform routine and unexpected maintenance on the systems, tools, and services.
- Troubleshoot performance issues with the development, engineering and other IT teams.
- Review automated build systems for potential improvements and implement updates.
- Assist with maintaining and improving continuous-integration (CI) environments.
- Review designs to ensure compliance with specifications and security standards
- Use applicable industry-specific tools such as code repositories and integrated development environments (IDEs).
- Maintain professional communication and work closely with all IT Teammates.
- Research emerging technologies and industry trends for future needs.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of Guest service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferably in Computer Science; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of configuring and maintaining operating systems, databases, web technologies, API integrations. Also, knowledge of Java, JSON, YAML, Ruby, Bash, Nginx, Apache, Maria DB/MySQL, and Chef would be extremely valuable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Teammate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly works in an at home office setting. The Teammate is required to perform work onsite 3 days per quarter as determined by business need. While performing the duties of this job onsite, the Teammate regularly works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the Teammate Center, under Human Resources.