At Capgemini Invent, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of ’18 billion
Our brand promise Get The Future You Want reflects our passion for people and technology and highlights the companys commitment to inclusion and sustainability.
An important aspect of Get the Future You Want is to balance hybrid ways of working between your Capgemini office, home, and client location (where applicable). We recognise that it is an imperative to create flexibility so you can enjoy an optimal work-life balance and feel empowered to achieve success. When you come onboard, or before, please discuss this with your manager so you can agree the best ways of working for your role, team, and client.
Get The Future You Want
See what its like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
Our DevOps Consultants sit within Digital Factory, part of the Business Technology practice in Capgemini Invent, which leads digital transformation projects across Capgemini. We are a new and dynamic community that values innovation, professional development, and the ability to make a real difference for our clients. We work in diverse multi-disciplinary teams, hand-in-glove with our clients.
As one of our DevOps Engineers, you will design , build, and maintain cloud infrastructure. You will develop automated build and deployment pipelines, implement monitoring and alerting solutions, troubleshoot production issues, ensure security and compliance, and optimize infrastructure. You will be using variety of technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes and have exposure to public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
Why this role?
By assuming the DevOps Consultant position you will be able to:
- Work with the architect and the cross-discipline development teams to implement the relevant CI/CD automation for the teams needs.
- Take responsibility for the infrastructure provisioning, configuration, build and application deployment.
- Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open-source projects and initiatives.
- Provide operational support including application monitoring and troubleshooting
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Work collaboratively with the IT Operations team
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues as you coach them and mentor them, helping the team to grow their skills, as well as developing your own skills by experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Encourage innovation, inclusion, teamwork, self-organisation, and diversity
To be part of this team, you will have a mixture of the following experience:
- Proven experience in DevOps processes and best practices
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines – Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, TeamCity etc
- Experience with containerisation, virtualisation, and orchestration technologies – Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience working with cloud technologies and services – AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code for configuration management and code implementation – Terraform etc.
- You will either already have SC (Security Check) Clearanceor you will qualify for this level of clearance (by being a UK resident for at least 5 years and not having leftthe country for more than 28 consecutive days duringthis period)
- Experience with various testing tooling – Selenium, Cucumber etc
- Experience in scripting – bash/shell
- Ability to be flexible and support the development, deployment, and pipelines of a variety of technologies – such as Java Spring Boot microservices, NodeJS frontend services, SQL/NoSQL databases and a variety of cloud components.
- Experience using version control software – Git
- Experience using online version control tools – GitHub, GitLab etc
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, always holding the appropriate level of conversation
Capgemini Invent UK is a winner at the Glassdoor Employees Choice Awards for the 3rd year running, placing in the top 20 employers in its list of the Best Places to Work in 2023.We offer engineers a culture of learning, ownership, and focus on value.
- Youll gain exposure to high-profile transformations and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies.
- Our consultants are formally trained by industry experts in consulting and client delivery. Consultants have access to a vast array for different training and certifications in a variety of areas: cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), programming (Java, Kotlin, NodeJS, Spring Boot), DevOps (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker), Cybersecurity (CISSP, CISM) and Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework). Capgemini Invent offers you the flexibility to develop various areas of knowledge in technical domains aligned both to your interests and our clients outcomes.
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities that will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
- Normallythere are monthly team drinks, and its a chance to connect face-to-face with the wider team over a few drinks in the city. The monthly team breakfasts give you a different, more relaxed setting to meet up in the office to hear from the leadership, meet colleagues and discuss the trends and insights within the market. Team away days are always a chance to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. Its really rewarding. And its also really varied. Youll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), youll get to know the customers needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. Itll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
Theres an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, youll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Were also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, were working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyones access to a digital world. Its something were really seriousabout. In fact, we were even named as one of the worlds most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 9th year. When you join Capgemini, youll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at:https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/