This is a hands-on role for an experienced and knowledgeable engineer who is passionate about bringing the power of cloud computing to drug discovery and development. The DevOps Engineer will be a core member of the Translational Genomics team, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the cloud computing environment for the team’s analytical activities
As DevOps Engineer you will also design and implement databases for large volumes of genomic and chemical data generated and used by the Translational Genomics team, whilst operating cross-functionally including with statistical genetics, bioinformatics and machine learning, to put engineering best practice at the centre of the team’s work.
• Explore and understand the evolving computing needs of the Translational Genomics team.
• Lead the design of the computing infrastructure to enable the activity of the Translational Genomics team.
• Develop and maintain operational infrastructure to enable the research work of colleagues in Translational Genomics.
• Design, build and maintain databases that store, link and serve the large volumes of data generated and analysed by Translational Genomics colleagues.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of infrastructure and operational processes.
• Support colleagues in Translational Genomics to enable access to the data and software tools they need.
• Work closely with colleagues in Translational Genomics to ensure codebases are developed in line with best engineering practice.
• Work closely with colleagues in IT and compliance teams to ensure excellent standards of information governance and data security are central to the Translational Genomics culture.
You will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
• Significant experience in designing, setting up and maintaining complex cloud-based computing infrastructure.
• Expertise in Linux or FreeBSD, with a working knowledge of MacOS and Windows.
• Expertise in shell scripting with a working knowledge of Python and R.
• Experience in using a leading cloud computing platform, such as GCP or AWS.
• Experience in building and maintaining complex databases using e.g. MySQL. Ability to interpret metrics and logs from a distributed system to diagnose issues.
• Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science or similar, or equivalent experience.
• Clear spoken and written communication and enthusiasm about working with a diverse, cross-functional team.
• Permanent, full-time
• Attractive package
• Homebased anywhere in UK, however preferably based out of a London office
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
• Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
• Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
• We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Sam Chapple (Recruitment Team Lead) at Planet Pharma for more information:
T: +44(0)203 868 8607