YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP are seeking a DevOps Engineer to work as part of the Hybrid Infrastructure Automation Team within the Global E-Commerce Operations area. Reporting to the team manager the successful candidate will be managing existing business applications. The role will require close cooperation and communication with business facing delivery teams as well as the other teams within E-Commerce Operations.
As a product focused team you will be delivering the Infrastructure Solutions to business facing delivery teams as well as other teams within ECommerce Operations. You will not only own our on-premise Infrastructure systems but also own the governance around usage of public cloud offerings.
You will work with the team to agree the appropriate solution and ensure that the team fully understands the appropriate balance of risk and quality that needs to be achieved.
You will join a high performing team of highly skilled individuals who are driven towards continuous improvement and you will be a role model for these behaviors.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work. The nature of this role may require out of hours working.
- Support a team of infrastructure engineers to build, deliver and maintain a world class infrastructure platform that meets agreed SLA expectations.
- Acquire strong technical understanding of YNAP Cloud systems.
- Participate on key technical decisions and drive continuous improvement with regards to YNAP Virtual Infrastructure both on premise and public cloud.
- Ensure the design and architecture of the virtual infrastructure supports the technical needs of the business.
- Implement and improve our on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
- Implement and improve monitoring of the on-premise and public cloud infrastructure to ensure that system performance is optimal and that potential issues are actioned before becoming service impacting.
- Embrace DevOps culture at YNAP through collaboration, automation, and measurement.
- Build relationships with delivery managers and encourage good relationships between devops engineers and developers.
- Ensure inter team adoption of best practices and encourage consistency in approach.
- Define and implement consistent and robust support and change processes that are well documented and in line with agreed standards.
- Ensure documentation is first class
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in translating IT and business strategies into deliverable action plans
- Agile methodology and DevOps principles
- Documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with ‘Agile’ workflow methodologies and DevOps principles.
- Strong experience in Infrastructure and virtualization technologies.
- Excellent understanding of networking infrastructure (IPv4, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routing, Proxies, DNS)
- Excellent knowledge of modern Configuration Management tools (Ansible)
- Design, provision and maintain virtual infrastructure platform
- Good knowledge about orchestration tools (Kubernetes, vRA, Openstack).
- Advanced experience in infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform)
- Strong background in Linux systems.
- Experience of containerization principles and frameworks (Docker).
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Good understanding of version control software (Git)
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and methodologies
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that diversity brings to our workplace, our business and our customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of race and nationality, religion, color, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.Summary
- Location: London, UK
- Type: Full time