MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the future of defence.
Salary: 60- 70,000 (dependent on experience + bonus + benefits)
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems seeking a highly capable and adaptable DevOps engineer to join our Software Capability Team. A fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation.
This is a hands-on role and will play an integral part in our DevOps journey across the whole of the UK Software Group.
Come and join our team and be part of creating a world class DevOps defence offering from the very beginning. We are using modern technologies and have the opportunity to create positive change across MBDA UK software engineering. Working in a small team, but be part of huge change!
What we're looking for from you:
- A skilled DevOps engineer looking for a new challenge.
- Good hands on understanding of industry leading DevOps tools and techniques.
- The ability to articulate, promote and implement the 'why' DevOps is important to modern development teams.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- Either experience or a clear understanding of working in a software development team using DevOps tooling and cultural practices.
- An understanding of what it takes to transition software development teams to DevOps tool stack and cultural practices.
- A good understanding of automation and continuous integration principles and practices
- Your ability to articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design.
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, Git, Artifactory
- Containerisation and Virtualisation orchestration using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience developing software on Linux.
- Experience teaching, mentoring, coaching in a technical capacity.
- Experience applying DevOps principles in a cloud environment
- OpenShift & OpenStack, or equivalent
- An understanding of container, cluster and/or virtualisation security
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.#LI-RS1