We're looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to join our prestigious Cloud team at an exciting stage of our cloud journey.
You will support the technical development of the Platform, analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement, ensuring quality of code and that changes to the Platform are aligned with Aviva standards.
In 2020 Aviva introduced “Smart Working”. This offers you the mix of office and home based working, but we still require you to travel in to one of our offices when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engineering of our AWS Cloud Platform for a FTSE 100 Financial Services institution
- Navigate the challenges of implementing innovative cloud technology with agile principals
- Identify, design and implement service improvements
- Analyse Cloud Platform needs and define technical specifications
- Champion process improvements, embedding new ways of working, focus on driving increased quality of deliverables and the way we operate within the platform
- Promote and evolve Engineering Practice, proposing innovative solutions or alternative approaches to difficult issues
Skills & Experience required
- Acutely capable of using a first-class engineering discipline with experience to truly solve business problems
- Comfortable working in a regulated industry that places a high level of emphasis on control, procedures and standards
- Be a first-class communicator, encouraging collaboration across the team which spans across multiple locations
- Have a cloud-first, DevOps/SRE, agile approach
- Knowledge of Application Support and Development processes, standards and associated techniques including continuous integration, test driven development, behaviour driven development
- Aptitude for continuous learning to navigate new tooling and technology
- Strong working experience with fundamental services, for example but not limited to: EC2, Lambda, Storage (S3, EBS), CloudWatch, Networking (VPC, Peering), Security and Compliance (IAM, SCP, AWS Config)
- Experience working with a major cloud platform at scale, preferably AWS
- AWS Certification would be preferred, but not essential
Experience working with technologies such as:
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Infrastructure-as-code: Terraform (required) Ansible would be beneficial
- Version control: Git, Bitbucket
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- System Administration: Linux, Windows
- Any experience in Containerisation i.e. Docker & Kubernetes is beneficial
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to £83,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people – that's you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Dylan Wood a call on 07385 426164 or send an email to Dylan.email@example.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.