Please note this role requires candidates who have, or are able to obtain, UK Government Security clearance (NSC)
Oracle Exadata Database team is building a new cloud native, Autonomous, multi-tenant, database optimized, smart storage cloud service. This service is expected to scale across thousands of tenants. It is based on the successful Exadata platform. This cost-effective storage solution is engineered for highest performance and availability to run variety of workloads. We are hiring senior developers for this exciting team to build the service to power Autonomous database offerings in Oracle Cloud and Cloud at customer.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. In this role, you will streamline delivery by optimizing practices, improving communications and collaborations, and creating automation. Your job is to design and implement strategies for application code and infrastructure that allows for continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring and feedback. You will proactively seek ways to incorporate new/creative ideas and methodologies into automation efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tool. The role provides a mixture of production ownership and development. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations.
In this role you will:
- Build new monitoring/administration solutions including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and patching of network components
- React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
- Conduct periodic on call duties
- Solve complex and difficult problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Participate in cloud service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Partner with distributed teams in prototyping new solutions
- Stay informed of new technologies
7+ years of software development experience a distributed systems environment, preferably in the cloud
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with scripting skills (for example Shell, Perl and Python); and programming languages (for example C/C++/Java/Python etc)
- Strong experience with Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using tools like GIT/Bit Bucket, TeamCity, Artifactory, jira, Phabricator and Octopus or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of different development environments (Git, Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Good knowledge on containerization using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Possess a passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.