As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working on configuring Cloud Provider Services (like AWS), managing Kubernetes Clusters/deploying containers, and updating Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation to support HICX's Software Engineering team.
One of the main goals is to introduce and maintain multiple layers of controls for high Availability, Confidentiality, and Integrity aligned with the most popular security specifications.
You will also be highly involved in the technical aspects of external penetration tests, vulnerability scans, and architecture reviews by external third parties.
Maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test, and deploy jobs for the HICX Engineering team
Extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure and ensure we have the scalable, global infrastructure to support our product and development the team needs
Ensure multiple controls are in place, like automated backups, AWS Cloudwatch metrics and alarms, multi-az deployments, and anything else that can be done to ensure high availability.
Help author and regularly test disaster recovery and business continuity plans
Introduce vulnerability scanners to our deployments.
Harden key management and help enforce tight access control.
Extend the build system for new application initiatives if/when needed.
Help maintain the core automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD automation and extend as needed
Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster data), maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.), and highly automated
Strong knowledge and experience in Kubernetes, and Docker.
Experience with several services on AWS, Azure cloud providers and CLI tools.
Experience with Terraform.
Knowledge of Git (and repo) configuration management tool.
Experience scripting in Bash.
Some knowledge of managing Linux-like systems.
Knowledge of one or more programming languages (full-stack mindset)
- Work from anywhere – we are a fully remote company and we never place restrictions on locations. We have a London Office for UK based employees who wants a change of scenery.
- Flexible PTO- We offer 25 days of paid holiday per year + UK Bank Holidays.
- Connect and socialize with the team during our company socials and off-site events.
- We celebrate special occasions with you – like your birthday! Additional PTO for all employees during their birthdays.
- Receive Competitive Pay – Our team makes sure to provide a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
- Work with a diverse, international team.
- Tons of amazing career opportunities in a fast-growing in-demand industry.