Internal Grade E
Who are Experian?
We are the worlds leading global information services company. During lifes big moments from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries and every day were investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Our approach to flexible working
We care about work that works, whether thats about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where you can split your working time between the office and your home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as ensuring that our people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. So that you can love where you work, please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.
Accepting you, for you.
We want you to feel accepted for who you are and to feel safe, valued and to help us build a culture of true belonging. Experian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take affirmative action to create a more inclusive and equitable world of work. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, ethnicity, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, Veteran status or whether youre pregnant or on family leave.
The role represents a rare opportunity to be an important part of enabling delivery of Experian's Digital Consumer Information capabilities where they are needed. This involves collaboratively developing and maintaining infrastructure, its automation, and pipelines for a variety of purposes such as enabling us to quickly, easily and reliably deploy and operate our software and infrastructure, alongside expanding our delivery capabilities to better suit our clients' requirements.
As an Experian employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to unlocking the power of data and technology to make a positive difference to our society and communities.
We support multiple teams across our CIS division, leveraging an on-premise cloud offering currently (RedHat OpenShift), but we are migrating to AWS. This position is full-time and based on a hybrid work model: as a team we will designate certain days for in-office meetings and collaboration, and remote days for work involving individual focus it will then require occasional traveling to one of our offices in the UK.
- Building and maintaining automation and infrastructure that support the delivery of our products to our clients
- Upholding pragmatic practices and ensuring what we build is tested to a high standard and is efficient in its use
- Provide expertise and guidance to colleagues in developing and fulfilling non-functional software requirements
- Collaborate with and support colleagues to aid their continuous improvement and your own
- Document services, infrastructure, and operational procedures
- 1 to 2 years hands-on experience with any cloud service provider, preferably AWS with exposure to API use and PaaS offerings.
- Experience scripting in any language (e.g. PowerShell or Bash)
- Strong experience in Agile ways of working
- Hands-on knowledge of the use of repositories (e.g. Git)
- Good exposure to a continuous integration and continuous deployment architecture (with product knowledge on Chef and/or Ansible being beneficial)
- Any knowledge of developing in C#/.NET, Python would be a bonus but not essential
- We recognise that not everyone will have all of the skills or experience, if you believe that you will be a good fit for the role any gaps will be gained on the job, attitude and capability are just as important.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues health and wellbeing are a top priority for us, thats why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money, and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether its your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or preparing for the next big milestone in your life, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
To learn more about our culture and what its really like to work here, check out our interactive guide here: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/1
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian!
Experian Careers – Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here