KX Systems is actively looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Strategic R&D team.
At KX, we build and maintain the most hi-performance time-series analytics platform.
We are in the process of building out our cloud infrastructure and making our capabilities available to host applications across a range of industries.
The DevOps Engineer will be a leader in designing and constructing the infrastructure on which our cloud services are deployed.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
● Design platform transformations and migrations towards modern cloud infrastructure.
● Ensure smooth and reliable operation of our application platform, the surrounding ecosystem of microservices, and their dependencies.
● Bring your creativity to improve our current infrastructure and introduce new automation where needed.
● Troubleshoot, debug and follow-up on emerging issues in our application stack and its surroundings
● Implement and utilize configuration management and deployment tools.
● Assist in the architectural design of new services and making them operate at scale.
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
● 3+ years’ experience in an SRE/Operations/DevOps role as part of a team
● Experience in supporting complex web applications running highly available and high traffic infrastructure based on Linux
● Comfortable with configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.), and modern observability infrastructure (monitoring, metrics and logging)
● Aptitude for automation and streamlining of tasks
● Comfortable with shell and scripting languages used in an SRE/Operations engineering context (e.g. Python, Go, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
● Good understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and debugging skills
● Strong communication skills and ability to work independently, as an effective part of a globally distributed team
● Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, …)