DevOps Engineer – Fully Remote
Purpose of the role:
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual to join our Gibraltar based IT Operations team. A can-do attitude with a strong baseline of experience and eagerness to learn will be paramount for this role. On any given day, we are improving the scalability and resilience of our systems, driving adoption of best practices and automating every process along the way, so a dynamic and knowledgeable profile is desirable. The role is an evolutionary role from a systems engineer with a DevOps attitude and baseline skillset.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Evolving and improving Cloud-based solutions.
- Migrating workload from Classic architectures to cloud-based paradigms.
- Use Infrastructure as Code for your operational default with an automate first mindset.
- Supporting hybrid environments containing on-premise and Cloud technologies.
- Build reliable infrastructure with repeatability, efficiency and security.
- Resolve Live incidents rapidly and with minimum disruption, understanding the impact, identifying the root cause and applying a resolution to improve the stability of the platform.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, logging and alerting solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with other core teams as well as business functional teams.
- Be part of a 24×7 out of hours Rota.
- Work in a flexible high energy environment.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong proven experience in a similar role in a highly transactional fast-moving environment.
- Excellent Linux/Unix skills,
- Some experience with classic systems admin workloads such as storage and DNS.
- Experience with cloud-based environments, particularly AWS and GCP.
- Applied knowledge of container tools, particularly Docker and Kubernetes.
Salary: 45,000 – 55,000.