Job Title: DevOps Engineer Hours: Full time
Date Created: 09/23/2021 FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Technology Reports To: Kym Dove
Location: Flexible Travel: 25%
As a DevOps Engineer in Capstone Logistics' IT Services organization, you will be working in a very challenging and rewarding role establishing a complex system of technical operations. You will have the opportunity to work with teams of professionals implementing solutions to support multiple business service lines. These solutions are core to Capstone Logistics' business strategy and will leverage the latest technologies in analytics, cloud computing, engagement team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing deployment mechanisms and infrastructure that supports our various software development initiatives. They will be responsible for developing the systems that support development, deployment, and servicing of our software products.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated learner and effective collaborator who can implement new technologies and troubleshoot high impact systems. This is an entry level role that requires a personable, creative, analytical, results-oriented, and organized individual.
DevOps Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain CI/CD systems building, configuring, deploying, and testing.
- Manage CI/CD platform. (Azure DevOps)
- Create Infrastructure as Code for Azure Cloud offerings.
- Support functioning of cloud, on-premise, and hybrid systems.
- Automate processes to increase efficiency wherever possible.
- Supports organizational DevOps best practices and project standards and supports developers across application development groups
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid understanding of Git source control
- Experience with Microsoft development and build tools: Visual Studio, MSBuild, etc.
- Experience with scripting language like PowerShell or Bash
- Familiarity with a CI/CD tool: GitHub actions, Azure DevOps, GitLab, CircleCI, etc
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud offerings: App Services, SQL Servers, Function Apps, etc
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools: Terraform, ARM, Vagrant, etc.
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics industry which has been designated a “Critical Infrastructure Segment”. As a “critical infrastructure industry” worker in the Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to, returning from, or performing his or her work functions.