As part of our ambitious growth plans, Netcompany is looking for DevOps Consultants to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability in the Cloud space. You'll be joining a forward-thinking organisation that puts your personal development and career progression first.
As a DevOps Consultant you would be working on development and operational facing projects in AWS, Azure and/or GCP. Therell be the complex design and build of DevOps toolchains, associated processes and applications. Therell also be the opportunity to assist and advise on the infrastructure relating to Cost Optimisation and Security Monitoring.
- Assisting with the provisioning of applications and infrastructure involved in the creation and management of accounts using automation best practices.
- Developing sample blueprints for the proposed architecture of cloud services.
- Assist in reviewing the current architecture including constraints, dependencies, security and operational requirements on cloud Services. Provide feedback on implementation recommendations by the development, infrastructure and security teams as required.
- Assist with determining operational requirements of account creation and the management platform including; reviewing current operations (tools, people, processes) and identification of desired future operational state.
- Assisting with preparations prior to, and during, any required IT health Checks
- Assisting with preparations prior to, and during, any Technical Design Authority approvals.
- Extensive experience of AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience of the DevOps Lifecycle (Plan, Code, Build, Test, Package, Deploy, Operate, Monitor)
- Experience in DevOps tooling such as (or similar):
- Plan: Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Code: Git, CodeCommit, Chef, Terraform, Python, Bash
- Build: Kubernetes, Docker, Maven, Gradle, Eclipse, Artifactory
- Test: Mabl, Saucelabs, Xray, Zephyr, Selenium, JUnit, SonarCloud
- Deploy: CodePipeline, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, Octopus
- Monitor: Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Datadog, Dynatrace
Experience in DevOps processes
- Plan: Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Loosely Coupled Architecture
- Code: Pull Requests, Merge Conflict, Feature Toggling, Peer Review, Trunk based branching
- Build: Continuous Feedback
- Test: A/B Testing, Pipeline testing, Automated Testing
- Deploy: Low risk deployments, canary deployment, self-serve deployment
- Monitor: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Anomaly Detection
- Ideally some experience mentoring or team leading on projects
- Ability to accurately estimate deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders and interpret requirements into technical specifications
- Experience working within a client-facing/ delivery focused role, or you have a consultancy background
Please be aware that this role may be subject to basic security checks which may include a basic criminal record check. An applicant will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
Netcompany is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK, recognized for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organizations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors. Netcompany has ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multimillion-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all