At Volt Active Data, we are captivated with finding better ways to handle data and make data work for companies instead of against them. We build the technology that businesses need to manage todays pace of data volume, velocity, and complexity, so they can not only survive, but thrive in a world of real-time decisions on torrents of data.
Volt Active Data is a distributed data and streaming platform that delivers consistent, transactional decisions while maintaining uptime and durability. In engineering, we work on hard problems in distributed computing, performance, scaling and transactional consistency so that our customers can get fast, correct decisions on their streaming and at rest data.
Our customers look to us to be the experts in fast data and fast decisions. We hire smart and innovative people to help us accomplish this. We are successful not only because of our technology but because of the team that stands behind it.
Why Join Us?
This is an amazing opportunity to join a global team where you can truly make a difference. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a very generous benefits package including, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Short-Term and Long-Term disability benefits, Life and AD & D insurance, Voluntary benefits, Equity participation and a 401 (k) plan.
We are seeking an individual who is interested in devops and continuous integration. You will be part of an engineering team building a fast data product that needs to run in various public and private clouds as well as on-premises. As a devops automation engineer you will work with other developers to make sure they have the tools and environments they need for testing and development. In addition you will create new tools to help improve the development and testing process. This is a great opportunity to gain experience with popular tools and technologies, such as Jenkins, Github, Kubernetes, Docker and to develop new tools for a fast-moving, growing software development team.
- Build and manage test and development environments with multiple cloud vendors
- Build management systems and tools for running and tracking performance and integration tests
- Develop test automation frameworks to measure and track performance of the Volt product in different environments and configurations
- Work with multiple teams to define tasks and priorities
- Incorporate and maintain solutions into the CI/CD pipeline
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ year experience
- Software programming or scripting experience (Python, Java or C++)
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Cloud, Kubernetes and Docker experience, nice to have
Volt Active Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.