As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is responsible for helping meet the business needs of the company by providing technical and administrative oversight of the company’s IT Cloud Environments in Azure and AWS. In addition, duties include the support of the software development cycle through the use of automation tools for developing digital pipelines. This position will also be responsible for any support requests that are deemed to be Tier 2 in nature. The DevOps Engineer works in a team environment consisting of other Systems Administrators, VoIP & Network Administrators, and IT Support Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Design and configure cloud environments and software with a focus to support our software lifecycles
- Build a strong relationship with the development teams to understand the code, its dependencies, and the infrastructure on which it runs
- Work with development teams to deploy/promote code changes, troubleshoot and make recommendations to resolve application integration issues
- Responsible for the availability, security, scaling, compliance, backup, and performance of our cloud environments
- Collaborate with others to brainstorm about the best way to resolve complex technological, infrastructure, security, or development issues
- Develop and maintain standards, policies, and procedures to ensure the IT environments are effectively managed and maintained conforming but not limited to the requirements outlined by SOC2 type 2
- Define and follow established processes, including access administration, change and incident management
- Work with business unit teams to define, deploy, and support client-specific solutions
- Provide assistance as needed to internal and external “customers” via phone, email and on-site support
- Be available/on-call as needed
- Occasional after-hours involvement in Code Releases and Infrastructure Maintenance Windows
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in a related field
- Proficiency in managing cloud environments in Azure and AWS; cost and resource optimization
- 1 – 3 years experience in the support of a software development team and software development lifecycle in Azure and/or AWS
- 5 – 7 years experience with networks, servers and IT Systems concepts, including IT Infrastructure setup and troubleshooting
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Server OS and Linux Ubuntu and CentOS Server
- Knowledge of Azure AD authentication across environments both on premise and cloud based
- Knowledge of various AWS services, such as: EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, SQS, Auto-Scaling, ELB, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Security Groups, as well as launching new instances from AMI’s
- Knowledge of Nagios and PRTG monitoring environments
- Writing and maintaining Linux bash and Powershell scripts used in code deployment and other various tasks; knowledge of Python scripting a plus
- Familiarity with Kusto query language (KQL) in Azure.
- Patching Linux operating systems on Infrastructure servers
- MySQL and SQL Server database deployment and maintenance
- Practical knowledge of administrative best practices for application servers, database servers and 3rd party appliances
- Familiarity with Infrastructure cloud tools such as Terraform, Docker, Aspire, etc.
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize work against competing deadlines and changing business priorities
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
At Franklin Energy Services, LLC and AM Conservation Group, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. As such, and to comply with President Biden’s Federal Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all offers of employment are contingent on providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (meaning that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine regimen.) The company will review and determine reasonable accommodations for those in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer