Manages the work of multiple visualization teams as they develop dashboards/reports. Partners with Credit Review senior leadership to provide visualizations that enable the credit review assurance teams to make data informed decisions. Leads Credit Review culture of continuous improvement for visualizations. Provides direct leadership of Credit Data Visualization personnel.
- Lead the effort to enable data informed decisions by gathering visualization requirements from Credit Review senior management and teams and assigning to data visualization staff.
- Develop best practices for data visualizations, publishing Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards/reports, training Credit Review on tool usage and providing advice and oversight to Data Visualization staff as they implement.
- Encourage continuous improvement culture for visualizations by facilitating ongoing senior leadership feedback loops.
- Ensure Data Visualization staff are implementing a consistent quality assurance process for the creation of accurate data visualization within BI Tools.
- Ensure templates, standards and themes developed by data visualization teams are intuitive to navigate and understand by business users regardless of their data literacy.
- Ensure data visualization teams provide actionable insights to Credit Review teams.
- Ensure consistent access to ad-hoc analysis and self-service BI tools across Credit Review. Ensures Credit Review data visualization ‘toolkit’ remains current and aligns with industry/organizational trends.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Number of direct reports: 4-7.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 13 years higher education and/ or work experience, including a minimum of 9 years related experience
- Minimum of 3 years managerial, supervisory and/or work leadership experience
- Tactical experience with a minimum of one data visualization tool
- Experience designing and developing advanced dashboards/reports and data visualizations
- Expert knowledge of data visualization approaches
- Experience incorporating data storytelling into visualizations
- Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) to analyze, extract, and transform data
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Tactical experience with multiple data visualization tools
- Experience driving business value through data visualizations
- Knowledge of data management concepts and terminology
- Certification in data storytelling and/or data visualization tools
- Knowledge of credit risk management principles
Annual(USD): 140,887.68 – 234,812.81