Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a ‘Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,’ Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Experience in life sciences, pharma or informatics industry is strongly preferred preferred
The candidate will work in R&D Excellence MARS Team (Metrics, Analytics, Reporting & Solutions) and focus on building a variety of "Data Visualizations" across the board leveraging data from R&D Data Lake enabling "Data Driven" culture across all R&D. The candidate will have direct accountability to architect / build / deploy and manage all Reports / Dashboards / Drill Downs / Filters / Calculations required by R&D Business Users. The candidate will also focus on building and implementing scalable data visualization strategy in collaboration with rest of MARS team to facilitate agile delivery. This a very technical role and we are looking for a hand on candidate with strong technical acumen.
1) Ownership of R&D Data Visualization Platforms Tableau(strongly preferred), Power BI, Spotfire, Qlik sense etc.
2) Defining Access Control Model in ensuring the right report is available to the right user type
3) Define Report Models in and organize reports based on data type / consumer base
4) Architect and design interactive, best in class and best practice-based Interactive Dashboards & Drill Downs
5) Document Design, Mapping Specs, Operational Manuals
1) Build Reports / Dashboards / Drill down
2) Create heat maps / box plots / charts / histograms – Interactive visuals
3) Conditional formatting of data, Calculated columns, Type Ahead Filters, Widgets
4) Provide specs to data engineers to align data model with the analytical needs
5) Documentation and Release Plans using JIRA and Confluence.
1) Partner closely with DX/IT to ensure alignment with enterprise wise Data Governance and Data Ingestion Leads
2) Collaborate with domain experts in privacy, security, and compliance to ensure that the R&D data platforms uphold privacy, security, data governance and compliance requirements.
3) Partner closely with rest of the R&D Excellence to ensure single aligned strategy and optimum uptake by end users
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
– Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related degree from an accredited college or university required Experience Qualifications
– 4 + years of experience in creation of complex BI Visualizations in Worksheets and Dashboards leveraging multiple data sources. required
– 4 + years of experience in working with Data Visualization Tools preferably Tableau . preferred
– Tableau Certification would be strongly preferred. preferred
– Good knowledge of handling databases and proficiency in SQL preferred
– Experience in providing solutions with respect to implementation of Security Model and Authentication mechanisms in Tableau. preferred
– Thorough understanding of visualization types including bar charts, line charts, combination charts, box plots, scatter plots, heat maps, and cross tables base of existing data. preferred
– Experience in life sciences, pharma or informatics industry is strongly preferred preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.