Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. The Risk User Experience team enables good users to thrive on Stripe by creating a coherent, intuitive and tailored risk experience while tackling bad actors. The team ensures a good user is never surprised by Stripe’s risk actions, and has straightforward recourse with minimal impact to their business.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to partner with the Risk UX team. You’ll take a rigorous approach to quantify user friction and drive risk/reward trade-offs across partner teams. If you are data curious and motivated by making a high impact on the business, we want to hear from you!
- Act as an embedded partner to the Risk UX team, helping them to identify and answer questions with data and modeling
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on actionable insights, not just data
- Build statistical and/or machine learning models to quantify user friction
- Use data, experiments, statistical inference to measure UX improvements
- Build and improve data ETL pipelines to collect new data and refine existing data sources
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has:
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (preferably in Economics, otherwise Operations Research, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- Ideally 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems and drive impact
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and optimization
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly and concisely
- Experience with tools for working with “big data” in a distributed fashion (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)