Job Description – Data Scientist – Remote
TITLE: Data Scientist
Location: Remote in the U.S.
ICS is hiring a Data Scientist to join our global SaaS product client's team and provide data to drive the innovation behind the products. You will contribute advanced analytics and modeling capabilities to assist key product lines in developing and deploying industry-leading predictive solutions for the Insurance and Commercial Fleet markets with more data than even the largest U.S. insurance companies have. In this role, the Data Scientist designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights, algorithms, and predictive models. You will function as part of a small team with Data Analysts, Actuaries, and Data Acquisition Specialists, and New Product Development Analysts.
What You'll Do:
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, and machine learning for incorporation into customer-facing risk and asset management solutions.
- Perform complex quantitative and qualitative analytical exercises and communicate output in terms of customer value, business objectives, and product opportunity.
- Work with Product Development leaders to develop business cases and recommendations for innovations to address business opportunities.
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- 3 or more years in a Data Science or Statistical Modeling related role
- Solid data manipulation skills with structured and non-structured data.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to structure business problems into data science project.
- Experience with XGBoost or a similar tool
- Experience with statistical packaging (SPSS, SAS)
- Proficiency in several Supervised/Unsupervised/Reinforcement learning approaches including but not limited to: Feature engineering, GLM, Decision Trees, Clustering, Bayesian methods, SVM, linear/non-linear regression, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning Algorithms, Human In The Loop models etc.
- The ability to communicate and illustrate effectively complex technical solutions to executives and business leaders.
- Extensive knowledge of Test Design, Predictive Modelling and Applied Statistics.
- Knowledge of insurance industry preferred but not required.
- Highly preferred Master's degree or Ph. D. in a quantitative field (Statistics, Actuarial Science, Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Mining, etc.) or an Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS or FCAS).
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.