Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 25,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
Our media colleagues are expert in understanding the changing media landscape. This includes audience measurement, consumer targeting and in-depth intelligence into paid, owned and earned media. Their global coverage and local expertise enable clients to better understand media audiences and their relationships with brands to optimise investment.
Job Title: Data Scientist – with python
Location: London, Westgate
Kantar is the leader in providing audience and advertising measurement tools and intelligence. With a track record in audience research services across 50+ countries, Kantar is at the forefront of technological developments in audience measurement in the media industry, working with broadcasters and advertisers, media agencies and industry committees.
The data science team provides research and technical expertise, support, oversight, and methodological development to our global operating services and sits within the Research and Data Sciences Department.
About the Project/Role
The key area of focus for the role is the development and improvement of mathematical and statistical models demonstrating different data sets both at panel level and at census level. These will include Kantar’s internally owned data and data from Kantar’s global partners such as global advertisers, national and international broadcasters, and global online social media and publishing platforms.
The major area of interest and development in the audience measurement space over the last few years involve the integration of multiple data sources, with a view of creating new and more complete Hybrid Datasets. These data sets combine TV and online advertising platforms information and use the accuracy of panel-based data together with the breath and extension of census level information.
The goal is to have individual level information across advertising platforms and media, providing all the usual features such as demographic profiles, reach and frequency estimates for highly granular and accurate viewing insight, without the limitations of panel sizes.
Job Role Requirements
- Develop new mathematical and statistical algorithms and enhance existing ones
- Data investigation for quality and completeness and quality control of modelling outcome
- Interact with colleagues and clients to identify product requirements
- Internal and external reporting
- Contributing to decisional process of project design and proposal writing
- Independent project management
- Develop new mathematical and statistical algorithms and enhance existing ones.
- Interact with other members of the research team, locally and globally, in the definition, improvement and implementation of data integration algorithms and strategies
- To take lead in data science projects, collaborating with clients and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Designing predicative models using classical and modern machine learning techniques
- Participating in team knowledge sharing and presentations
- To research and test new data modelling and methodology approaches, by initial prototyping and testing
- Provide data analysis and interpretation for algorithm implementations and evaluation of the resulting hybrid datasets.
- To support, develop and improve methodologies for Kantar services worldwide and expand Kantar’s ability to conduct statistically sophisticated analysis.
- To provide expertise and technical insight into new metrics for audience data
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Very strong mathematical and statistical skills, and with a passion for the development and implementation of new algorithms
- Programming and data analysis experience in Python
- Skilled in working with large and complex datasets with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- A passion in statistical and research methods
- Experienced in leading projects independently
- An ability to demonstrate analysing data and looking for stories, patterns, trends, and insights.
- A PhD/Master’s degree in a quantitative, mathematical, or scientific subject area.
- Alternatively, equivalent experience in a commercial and data science setting
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and wellbeing is taken into consideration. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity; therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Privacy and Legal Statement