We are a FinTech start-up based in London, creating a purpose built DeFi network to reduce carbon emissions. We are primarily based in Southwark, London, but also have a number of team members operating remotely from, Washington D.C., Madrid, London, and Switzerland.
Changeblock integrates three of today’s most important and exciting innovations: blockchain technology, multi-step deep learning, and carbon markets. Blockchain technology is becoming widely regarded as the most important invention since the internet , which in combination with artificial intelligence (AI), will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of human capabilities . While the carbon markets have been described by the OECD as an essential mechanism to limit climate change . Changeblock’s primary goal is to decarbonise the economy by solving important deficiencies in trust, transparency and efficiency.
Changeblock operates as a partially decentralised financial technology (FinTech) company, which removes traditional economic barriers and enables the connection of market participants around the world. Changeblock’s advantage is its ability to connect these markets through a frictionless, stable, and trustworthy, system that maximises the impact of transactions.
The Changeblock team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
Data Scientist – NLP
Changeblock's Data Science team is at the core of its business. We are seeking a data scientist to join our team and help with delivering and expanding our AI-powered product lines, on its way to revolutionizing how organizations process contractual data and operate around it.
What You’ll Do
- Build end-to-end machine learning models from the ground up, from data exploration through feature generation and model construction and deployment.
- Dive deep into structured and unstructured data to extract insights, build dashboards, and create training data for machine learning models.
- Contribute to advancing NLP and its applications in the legal space, to create highly innovative products and customer experiences.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of your models and see them deliver business impact.
- 2+ years of machine learning experience in the industry
- 2+ years of hands-on experience mining unstructured text data
- Knowledge of deep learning architectures (e.g., RNNs, CNNs, Transformers) and a strong grasp of applications (e.g., Named Entity Recognition, Question Answering)
- Strong knowledge of Python (Pandas, Sklearn, Regex) and familiarity with deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Ability and motivation to stay up to date with the very fast-moving NLP space
- Ability to communicate results clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, and a focus on driving business impact.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be welcomed into a high-performing team and as part of the deal, we offer a competitive package, including executive and early-stage employee incentive packages, an annual training allowance, a company culture of change and continuous improvement, a challenging and rewarding work environment with a genuine opportunity to develop.
This position is open to all eligible and qualified applicants in the United Kingdom as we build our presence globally.