Data Scientist Molecular Biology
Based in London
30,000 40,000 + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in Python coding and statistical analysis of scientific data?
Would you like to join a growing and successful organisation at the forefront of personalised diagnostic testing?
My client is a leading biotechnology / medical technology organisation in London that boasts an innovative technology platform that is set to revolutionise the availability of personalised genetic diagnostics to consumers. Following multiple approvals for medical/clinical diagnostics and due to ongoing development and expansion, they are looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist Molecular Biology.
The Data Scientist Molecular Biology will undertake coding for data analysis & interpretation, and statistical analysis supporting the development and refinement of the companies ground-breaking diagnostic platform.
The role will be based in the company’s main laboratories and offices in London, with some scope for home working in a hybrid arrangement.
Specific Responsibilities of the Data Scientist Molecular Biology will include;
- Data analysis to inform understanding and refinement of the company diagnostic device.
- Data analysis to support Assay Development.
- Monitoring data from deployed diagnostic devices daily interpreting results and identifying anomalies.
- Collating large datasets
- Development of signal processing algorithms
To be considered for the Data Scientist Molecular Biology you’ll need the following skills and experience;
- PhD or Masters in Biology, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related subject
- Experience in coding in Python
- Experience in the statistical analysis of scientific data
- Experience in the analysis of NGS, PCR or other data relating to genetic or genomic data sets would be an advantage.
- You’ll be able to work as part of a collaborative and innovative team, with the ability to prioritise and deliver on key projects.
Key Words: Assay Development, Biostatistics, Coding, data analysis, data analyst, data scientist, Diagnostics, In-vitro diagnostics, ISO 13485, ISO 9001, IVD, Molecular Diagnostics, Next Generation Sequencing, NGS, PCR, Python, qPCR, RT-PCR, Statistics
This is a unique opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to play a key role in a successful and innovative company, which has seen significant growth, year on year.
Please apply online, or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners for further details.