A recent promotion has created a great opportunity for a data scientist!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sara Colvin
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $124,000 – $187,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a 250+bed general medical and surgical, non-profit hospital located in White Plains, New York. Well established hospital with great leadership at the helm. Community and care for the patients are our top priority!
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Data Scientist will serve as the technical expert in helping to develop metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support quality and performance improvement initiatives. You will develop tools and solutions to provide timely access to data and to foster a culture of data-driven decision making.
Why join us?
- Health insurance (medical, dental, etc.)
- Wellness programs
- Retirement programs
- Employee injury prevention program
- Employee virtual health
- Absence management (FMLA/disability)
- Excellent benefits and PTO policy
- Tuition reimbursement
- Use statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Extract, clean, and wrangle data. Integrate data from disparate sources.
- Build dashboards and data products using BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI) and creating custom solutions when needed.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and applications
- Keep abreast of modern techniques and technologies, evaluate relevant AI/ML applications.
- Writes documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Works closely with IT to identify data sources and to contribute to data warehousing efforts.
- Develop, transform and deliver data analytics strategies to enable enhanced reporting capabilities including user self-service functionality.
- Provide management visibility into data-driven insights that inform the organization’s strategic direction and KPIs.
Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and prioritize data science use cases that support the organization’s key performance indicators.
- Partner with clinical, operational, and financial stakeholders to define priorities, approaches, and business requirements for analytics solutions.
- Develop analytics functionality that relieves clinical staff from manual data functions, increases productivity and increases the speed of data availability. Implement tools and conduct training to help others leverage data.
- Promote data driven culture throughout all levels of the organization.
- Provides education for staff and clinicians as necessary.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends and best practices for data management and analytics.
- Make sure all HIPPA requirements are met.
‘Five to ten years of progressive data science and analytics experience
- Experience working with data and advanced analytics.
- Expert technical knowledge in data warehousing, advanced analytics, and data visualization.
- Experience in machine learning preferred
- Experience with EPIC preferred
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to a variety of fields (NLP, geospatial analysis, network analysis, image classification, forecasting)
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.