Reporting to the Head of DX (Digital Transformation) Development, the Data Scientist is responsible for delivering on the DX objective to leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to drive our ongoing digital transformation. With significant data integration and governance initiatives in flow it is now possible to transform our ways of working by fully exploiting our rich and integrated data sources. The Data Scientist will join a small and talented team of data scientists and collectively take ownership of these efforts, identify the biggest impact opportunities for ML interventions, and operationalise the delivery of machine learning projects.
The Data Scientist will collaborate with other DX areas including BI and reporting and data governance. DX also works with other data focussed units on Sony Europe, and across Sony organisations, and the data scientist will ensure we follow best practices learned from these groups and will proactively share our learnings and develop opportunities for collaboration.
- Data Science: Work with business stakeholders to ideate, prototype, build and deploy machine learning projects. Demonstrate impact of machine learning through increased efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
- Data Organisation and Management: Understand our key data sources including sales and sell-through data, data from vendors and online. Work with governance teams to help drive the consolidated use of these data sources through effective management and organisation.
- Documentation and Process: Help embed best practices for working with data in the data science team by judicious use of technology and well-defined ways of working.
- Data Quality and Enhancement: Develop automated tools for measuring data quality.
- Data Engineering: Build data pipelines needed for data science applications, and to a limited extent to support BI and reporting. Work with Global Information Services data services support for broader data engineering requirements.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): Identify and develop opportunities for RPA, working with Sony RPA teams to deliver this service.
Who you are
- A data scientist with a good understanding of a range of machine learning and AI techniques and a keen eye for identifying opportunities for their use.
- Experience with Python and ideally PySpark and/or DataBricks.
- Knowledge of the following technologies is not required but may help: MLFlow, AzureML, FeatureStore, Treasure Data, Dataiku.
- Experience of digital transformations projects and challenges encountered in moving away from legacy data analysis practices.
- Knowledge of working with cloud technologies, preferably Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of automation and tools for tools for ETL/ELT e.g. Spark, PowerAutomate, BluePrism.
- Excellent organisational & time management skills with ability to successfully manage and prioritise numerous time pressured analytical activities / projects. Capable of managing performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and influentially both verbally & in writing
- Relevant degree and strong knowledge in computer science/statistics/machine learning. Masters preferred.
- If not from consumer electronics, certainly with the keen tech insight and passion for technology
- Fluent in English
How you’ll fit in
Our Global Behaviours drive our performance, every one of us, every day. Here’s how you can play your part:
Inspire & Be Inspired
You’re at your best when you’re on the team. Use tact and insight to build inspiring relationships and apply your unique strengths to help us get the job done brilliantly.
Stay On Point
Every day, you’re driven to keep improving. You keep your customers (internal or external) close to your thoughts, and you know how vital goal setting is in achieving great results.
Break Through Barriers
‘Good enough’ never is. We need you looking beyond the obvious, embracing change, taking some risks and exploring fresh avenues in pursuit of new ideas.
Why Sony Europe?
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of broadcast tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We recognize that each and every one of us is original and different. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, they drive innovation. We empower our people to achieve one goal: to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology.
- Location: Weybridge
- Type: Full time