Location: Marysville, OH
Workstyle: Hybrid (60% remote and 2 days on-stie)
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of ‘power’ that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize ‘the joy and freedom of mobility’ by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a ‘zero environmental footprint.’
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda’s, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Data Science team is on the mission to design, develop, and deploy AI / ML solutions aligned with our 2030 vision where data is at the center of everything. Data generated in our organization and products are rich and diverse and driving insight from them is a very exciting and challenging task. The Data Scientist role is creating a solid data science foundation for our fast-growing area of the business, to enable the company tackle engineering and business challenges by designing analytics and AI / ML solutions. This opportunity involves defining the path to discover trends, patterns and hidden insights from data while collaborating with the most brilliant talents in the automotive industry to build products and services.
- Use mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data. Translate analysis results into business recommendations and solutions leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning models as appropriate
- Conduct study and proof of technology on emerging advancements in data analytics
- Provide support to lead the design and development of the Data Analytics COE center
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure complex and ambiguous engineering challenges
- Prepare and deliver training to analytical and data science stakeholders
- Extract actionable insights from broad, open-ended questions
- Partner with project team members to identify and articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for decision making
- Implementing data visualization best practices, governance, performance tuning, create/maintain design related artifacts to deliver business results
- Work with various database technologies and data sources to drive actionable insight
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- 4-6 years’ experience in BI, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 3+ years in scripting (ex. Python, SQL)
- Strong knowledge of data structures (structured/unstructured) and data modelling
- BS in Technical discipline such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering
- Skilled in the use of analytic tools for discerning patterns in data. Also, able to use one or more tools for operating on large data sets, such as Python, R, and SQL
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Data science tools such as Open Data Hub (Seldon, Kafka, Prometheus, Dataiku etc.)
- Strong experience in ML Ops (ex. GitHub) and Agile methodologies
- Deep learning – machine learning that is a neural network with three or more layers, which helps to ‘learn’ from large amounts of data
- Proficient understanding of data models, data marts, and data concepts
- Experience in data analysis, wrangling, validation, and data cleansing.
- Cloud/big data tools (ex. blob storage, Redshift, Snowflake, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.)
Additional Position Factors:
- Workstyle: Hybrid (60% remote and 2 days on-site)
- Travel: 5%
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.