- We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds
- Flexible/ Hybrid working for a better work/ life balance
- Identify trends, drive insights, steer commercial decision making,
- Develop something new – see the results!
- Work for an iconic business and do things never before achieved within our industry
- Competitive base + 11% company contribution pension, free parking and other corportate benefits
- Based above Manchester Airport's Train/ Tram station
This Data Scientist role is will be key in the growth of CAVU's data science capability – not least in breaking new ground in helping us develop models and methods to solve new problems. Key amongst those will be productionising forecasting algorithms, alongside understanding customer behaviour, to increase relevancy and customer personalisation. This is an exciting role for anyone who wants to build something new and see the fruits of their labour as we deliver (using agile principles of incremental deployment) a completely new, globally unique product to new and existing clients worldwide. Moreover, you will be working within a tech literate business with people across all departments who share the same product goals.
Facts and Figures
This role offers an opportunity to work at scale with data from MAG's 3 airports, our (MAG owned) distribution companies, MAG USA and global clients. MAG's customers alone number 60 million passengers per year, 70,000 car parking spaces, and digital properties attracting 30 million visitors per year. The projects supported are also varied, including forecasting, revenue management, support to the CRM team with optimization, customer experience, and recommender systems, with increasing interest in real-time solutions.
You will be engaged on critical development streams, covering many aspects of our digital priorities, such as e-commerce, reservations, and digital marketing. As such, you will be directly involved in delivering machine learning solutions to problems of optimization, efficiency savings, and revenue enhancement.
CAVU has significant revenue targets, and the Data Science team are key players in ensuring those targets are met.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources to shape the underlying information required to address complex problems
- Identify and explain where additional data, or new data sources, are needed to help solve identified problems.
Bring an extensive working knowledge of machine learning techniques to fully explore a problem's domain and identify routes for further opportunities and improvements.
- Forecasting & time series modelling
- Audience analysis & intelligence
- Predictive analytics
- Recommendation systems
- Taking machine learning models into production
- Manage raw data effectively: importing, cleaning, transforming and organising.
- Use visualisation skills to explain and educate wider stakeholders on the solutions to business problems that have been found in the data, creating compelling overviews that explain complex analytical findings to non-technical audiences.
- Work with more junior team members to help them build their own skills and grow with the team, taking time to mentor and explain.
- Always remain curious about the data, identifying opportunities to use it in new ways to bring measurable revenue or operational improvements to the wider business.
- Be inquisitive and thorough in your approach, analysis, and deliverables.
- Be able to take a problem and find a solution that provides short-term results, identifying iteration steps that would bring future improvements
- Adherence to both letter and spirit of group and airport data management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Degree or equivalent in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, AI etc)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of a range of machine learning techniques, including such methods as Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Nave Bayes, and Support Vector Machines.
- Ability to take a business problem and be naturally inquisitive, investigating and challenging approaches to unlocking new potential through insight.
- Commercial experience working with data through R or Python, preparing reports with R Markdown or Jupyter, using SQL to explore and combine datasets
- Strong communication skills with Data Science colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Ability to plan and organise well, to ensure time is effectively used and delivery timescales are met.
- Working closely with fellow team members upon team short-term technical and personal development, as well as own personal development
- Be self-motivated and show high levels of commitment
- A love of working in an Agile development environment.
- A willingness to continually seek to expand knowledge, keep up to date with new tools and techniques and suggest improvements that can be applied to our processes.
- Experience working within a customer strategy or marketing environment
- Experience with visualisation tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with docker or other containerisation technologies
- Experience delivering insight into enterprise CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Experience of developing insight solutions with large data sets and architectures suitable for large data set manipulation and utilisation
Data Management – Good understanding of the principles and implementation of data quality, segmentation and protection
Data Scientist – Good data extraction and transformation skills with equally strong analytical and statistical skills developing univariate and multivariate analysis
Communication – Strong communication skills with positive solution approach
We Look Forward To Recieving Your Application!