Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Data Scientist in our Lexington, MA location.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Data Scientist working on the Advanced Analytical Technologies team, you will be empowered to support and lead activities related to designing, building, and deploying industry-leading smart algorithms and predictive models from various analytical data including spectroscopy.
- Work closely together with the automation and process analytical technology (PAT) teams
- Learn, develop, plan and optimize data workstreams directly from laboratory sources
- Work closely together with analytical experts in development and application of PAT technology
- Plan and coordinate the setup of at-line analytics with Analytical Development team
- Coordinate with other development teams to promote collaborative data management efforts, interoperability, and shared infrastructure
- Knowledge sharing with global partners, internal and external
- Present accomplishments within the team, across other functions, internally and externally cooperation partners, conferences etc.
- Collaboration with multiple multi-functional teams of scientists, analysts, and engineers.
- Implement mechanistic and statistical modeling and simulation
- Support development and implementation of digital twins
- Define modeling and simulation work packages as standard for future development projects in an AQbD environment
- Evaluate technology/software with internal and external partners
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Data Science, Statistics, Bio-Informatics, Mathematics, Chemometrics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in Data Science, Statistics, Bio-Informatics, Mathematics, Chemometrics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related pharmaceutical science 2+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Bio-Informatics, Mathematics, Chemometrics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Background in DoE, continuous processing, automation and digitalization of bioprocesses
- Experience with regression and classification modeling, data pre-processing, statistical concepts, and the ability to work in multiple languages (Python, R, Scala, C/C++, SQL).
- Experience with various analytical software (JMP, SIMCA, Minitab)
Base Salary Range: $101,500 -$145,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.