Around the world, SYSTRAs specialists plan, design, integrate, test, commission, project manage and deliver mass transit and mobility solutions that are relied on by more than 50 million people every day.
For more than 60 years, the Group has been committed to helping cities and regions contribute to their development by creating, improving and modernising their transport infrastructure with sustainability, accessibility and innovation at the heart of our designs. With over 8,250 colleagues globally and around 1000 in the UK & Ireland we are growing significantly and seeking out the very best talent to join the SYSTRA signature team and be part of leading the way in infrastructure design.
SYSTRA are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as HS2 and Trans-Pennine Upgrade, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in London, by recruiting an experienced Data Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Data Manager to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
The Data Manager will be responsible for the continued development of the project Common Data Lake as well as the promotion of best practices across the project.
- Working with the joint ventures partner to configure and develop the project instance of their data lake. This will include working with the IT team responsible, managing the integration of the projects data sets currently held in the projects various information systems, into the data lake and the development of reporting tools and functionality, primarily through PowerBI, as an output.
- The successful candidate will be liaising with colleagues across the project to extract requirements and develop solutions to the projects reporting and data analysis needs.
- They will need to be familiar with the projects process and how data is captured, processed, stored and reported on and capable of making constructive suggestions on how this might be improved.
- They will be required to work closely with the Projects reporting team and support them in their activities.
- They will understand the importance of key performance indicators, their production, tracking and publication.
- Performing analysis to assess data quality across major project systems.
- Excellent technical skills relevant to digital systems including ability to learn and apply new systems
- A high level of skill in the creation and publication of PowerBI reports
- A talent for producing clear concise visualisations and graphics
- Knowledge of XML, SQL and scripting languages
- Data specification/governance awareness
- Rail related safety qualifications would be preferable
- Ideally have a good understanding of process and procedures required to deliver a large-scale civil engineering rail project and how these should be applied within the digital context
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.
Our three core values: Excellence, Connected Teams and Bold Leadership are kept at the heart of everything we do. We strive for the highest levels of technical excellence, achieving the best results through teamwork, both locally and internationally, and reward innovative thinking through encouraging all colleagues to think as leaders. We offer clear and well supported pathways for career development and qualification attainment, a competitive remuneration package including a bonus and private healthcare, an electric car scheme and a broad suite of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Because we value who you are as much as what you do, we want you to feel supported at work. We offer hybrid working, balancing the benefits of working from home with time in our modern, well-equipped offices for that crucial in-person contact, team development and collaborative working. We also recognise that life doesnt always run to the same schedule for everyone, so we have a dedicated flexible working policy to support you in tailoring your work life to reach your full potential, for more details on this, please get in touch.
Diversity & Inclusion
We provide a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company and offer perspectives which will drive better solutions in a truly inclusive environment. Our employee led working groups and clearly defined strategy help us to keep at the leading edge of important issues and keep us accountable. We want our colleagues to feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work and continually seek new ideas and contributions to ensure we continue to grow and develop in this space.
Its no surprise that people do their best work when they feel physically and mentally supported. Our SYSTRA Wellness Programme offers a wide range of support; from Wellness champions, to free health checks, healthy eating workshops and regular seminars, alongside access to a wide range of external support. We offer two paid days for charity work and an ever-growing social calendar.
Apply and find out more about how Systra can support you in your career journey. If you require any adjustments to support you in your application or interview process please let us know, your request will be treated confidentially and with respect. We pledge to offer an interview to any candidates with a disability who apply for a role and meet the minimum criteria.
As we are always looking to expand our team, we would still be interested in hearing from you if you fulfil most, but not all, of the relevant criteria for the role you could still be just what we are looking for.