As this is the second time our client is going to market we are unable to progress candidates previously unsuccessful or that were submitted by other agencies. Due to the volume of candidates and applications we are not always able to respond so thank you for your patience
Business as Usual and Management
The Procurement data & BI Lead will be required to lead on: reporting of commercial pipeline data; , SLT/HMT/CO visibility of commercial activity, transition (FOC) work; identifying and analysing trends in commercial delivery, Dealing with urgent and sometimes difficult data queries, delivered to tight timescales; Responding to other requests such as Commercial Senior Leadership Team requests, ministerial requests, Freedom of Information requests and requests from other government departments. analysis of procurement activities and tenders. Drive improvements to the way commercial teams are capturing data in terms of process and standardisation. The Commercial Data & BI Lead should be comfortable presenting their findings and analysis to very senior stakeholders and will be required to attend meetings with wider government bodies as are presentative of Commercial within the organisation. Managing and maintaining these relationships alongside providing fair challenge/solutions to data requests forms a key part of the role. Managing team of up to 3 analysts. Project Development
Drive improvements to the Commercial Data across the Commercial lifecycle (from Pipeline through to Sourcing and Contract Management). Further work will include: Developing the spend analytics functionality into the team through a step-change between systems and offline reporting; Migrating the commercial pipeline data into a new E-procurement software as it is rolled out, which will require the development of both internal and external reporting. Further work will include: Developing the spend analytics functionality into the team through a step-change between systems and offline reporting; Migrating the commercial pipeline data into a new E-procurement software as it is rolled out, which will require the development of both internal and external reporting. Support the organisations strategic policy objectives by working as part of a team of data and procurement professionals and providing commercial direction to create an evidenced based procurement approach. Develop relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities to collaborate, achieve efficiency and improve capability. Develop relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities to collaborate, achieve efficiency and improve capability. Attend meetings and acting as a representative for the organisation. Developing efficiency and accuracy for internal and external data reporting. Reporting data in alignment with wider government bodies such as HMT and wider health family working groups. Managing data request from the senior leadership team, FOI requests as well as requests from the government departments.
Stakeholder management skills
* Team player; self-starter
* Experience of leading small teams (1-3 heads), line management and team/individual development experience. Good project management and team management skills.
* Confident operating in complex and challenging environment with changing priorities.
* Data Analysis capabilities including dealing with large and complex data sets that may have incomplete data, with a keen attention to detail.
* Pro-active individual to lead and deliver on tasks at pace to drive the workstream forward, using good project management skills.
* Experience of building relationships and extensive internal and external stakeholder management up to C-suite level. (from senior government officials, Executive Committees, Commercial SLT and commercial leads).
* A track record of making effective, data driven decisions, taking ownership and accountability as appropriate.
* Proven Advanced MS Excel abilities (Advanced).
* Advanced data reporting experience,
* Public sector experience,
* Experience of working in Data / Business Intelligence roles within procurement or commercial functions
* Consultancy background, comfortable working on fast-paced and complex projects
* Project delivery experience
* Government Procurement experience and understanding.
* Graduate/Post qualification.
* Experience using data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau).Business as Usual and Management