Seawell Elementary School
02/10/2023Title: Student Information Data Manager
Salary: $14.56 per hour minimum starting salary
Benefits: Full benefits including paid holidays, sick leave and annual leave, health insurance and retirement. Local supplement of 5.5% starts the month after completion of first year. State longevity after 10 years of service.
- Graduation from a two-year college or technical school majoring in a computer-related field or administrative office support.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills with the ability to communicate to a wide variety of groups.
- Minimum two years of experience with data entry.
- Minimum of one year experience in data management or the equivalent of experience with a computer system that requires knowledge of editing and completing source data. (An appropriate certification from the NC Association of Educational Office Professionals (Computer PSP certificate) may be sufficient.)
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: School Principal or designee
Job Goal: To provide dedicated, first-line technical and computer support for the school staff using Power School and any associated modules.
- Maintain and utilize the web-based student information system.
- Provide the first line of support for all school staff using eSIS and the teacher grade book program (TAM).
- Provide information and/or training to school staff on the use of eSIS and it's associated modules.
- Summarize and analyze information for district administrators and State Department of Public Instruction (SDPI) representatives from standard reports with data gathered from various sources.
- Maintain a working knowledge of student accounting procedures and regulations, source data, and the functionality of electronic student files.
- Prepare customized reports and databases for local school needs.
- Verify and edit student information as needed, including records on attendance, grades, medical history, discipline, course schedules, Career Path accountability, and vocational programs.
- Coordinate user security within Power School.
- Assist school administrators with scheduling students for courses.
- Maintain data for the Uniform Education Reporting System (UERS) reporting areas.
- Verify the monthly Enrollment/Attendance reports (PMR) generated for SDPI.
- Send correspondence to parents to advise them of excessive absences according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain student testing information for the state-supported ABC program.
- Maintain records of student withdrawals, including reasons for withdrawal and students' future plans, and prepare periodic statistical reports (Drop Out Report).
- Maintain exceptional student information.
- Maintain data for academics and attendance to support the NC State Automated Drivers License program.
- Configure and maintain phone dialers that interface with Power School.
- Attend conferences and training sessions to develop and maintain a knowledge base of database management and Power School.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the school principal and/or designee.
Terms of Employment: 12-month position. Salary in accordance with adopted salary schedule.
Evaluation: Performance responsibilities evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.