Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Data Engineer (BI Development) at Optum, you will play a key role in a team that is involved in an exciting BI Reporting Development onto our Cloud-based data engineering solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze business requirements & functional specifications
- Able to determine the impact of changes in current functionality of the system
- Able to handle BI Reporting assignments independently, end-to-end SDLC
- Able to work with a team of BI developers, and offer techno-functional mentoring
- Interaction with diverse Business Partners and Technical Workgroups
- Flexible to collaborate with business & offshore teams
- Solid healthcare domain knowledge
- Flexible to support fortnightly project releases
- Adherence to the defined delivery process/guidelines
- Drive project quality process compliance
- Aspire to optimize and innovate processes
- Contribute to drive & enforce BI Development industry standards and best practices in the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in any BI Tool (PowerBI, Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos)
- Solid SQL skills
- Ability to design, build, optimize, and manage modern large-scale data pipelines to support data integration for reporting & analytics and machine learning features
- Ability to consume data from a variety of sources (RDBMs, APIs, FTPs and other Cloud storage) & formats (Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, Parquet, Unstructured)
- Ability to partner with Business, Technical, and Product teams to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Ability to participate in architectural evolution of data engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices and standards for managing data collections and integration
- Ability to work with data analysts and data engineers to deploy machine learning models for reporting consumption
- Ability to perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Knowledge of Cloud (Snowflake/Azure/GCP)
- Knowledge of PowerApps, Power Automate, Python, D3js
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.