Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
- Design and develop software applications and application components in an agile environment
- Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Drive a quality mind set within the team
- Flexibility to be on call and provide support as needed during on call
- Anticipating issues and acting proactively to address potential issues
- Work with sometimes ambiguous / conceptual requirements and guide the technical team to provide functionality with the right amount of engineering
- Possess breadth of knowledge spanning all bodies of technologies, (e.g. databases, middleware, OS, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Database Programming using Microsoft Technology (MS- Sql Server, SSIS,SSRS,MS-Excel,T-SQL)
- 4+ years of experience in Software design, architecture and programming
- 1+ year expertise in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Team City, Terraform, TFS, etc
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing test-driven development practices
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Working knowledge of different .Net Framework (C#.NET), IIS Web Server
- Solid experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
- Exposure to production support
- Working knowledge in database administration
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team development skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.