Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We are seeking a SAS developer to support our custom reporting needs. This individual will create new custom reports solution as well as maintain the existing reporting suite. The position will also assist in analyzing the data and validating the reports for report-related issues.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop programming solutions using the SAS language and other technologies on a UNIX-based platform
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Provide support in critical production support issue resolution
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues
- Conduct code review and testing of final results to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Perform unit, system, and regression testing for SAS programs for quality assurance
- Work with business to prioritize production issue resolution
- Work with the Business Analyst to understand business requirements in process improvement initiatives
- Develop end-to-end reporting based on business requirements
- Solve complex issues and implement solutions to enhance productivity, improve quality and customer satisfaction
- Obtain and maintains familiarity with policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED + 5 years of equivalent experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience (writing complex queries and table joins)
- 3+ years of SAS experience (performing data mining and analyzing data)
- 3+ years of UNIX experience (working in this operating system)
- 1+ years of experience working with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis and quality control processes
- Experience with the healthcare industry and data
- Experience with Scala or Python
- SAS Grid Experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.