Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Warehouse Engineer plays a critical role in building and supporting naviHealth’s Enterprise Data Warehouse to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for designing and developing enterprise applications utilizing primary technologies such as SQLServer, Bigdata, and moving from on premise to cloud infrastructure. This is a collaborative position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, test, and deploy new data warehouse features
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation and deployment
- Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections to ensure consistency and quality
- Follow the established software development methodology
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other departments to plan and deploy new data warehouse releases or product enhancements
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot production support issues in the application environments
- Extract data from disparate sources and transform into internal formats for loading into our platform
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition with our partners on service integrations
- Travel requirements: None
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience with Data Engineering, design and development of data structures and ETL processes in MS SQL Server or Oracle environment
- 3+ years of experience with Data Warehouse design and development
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau solution development, and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting OLTP, OLAP or Warehouse Database Management Systems
- Understanding of quality assurance and data quality principals as applied to an ETL architecture
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
- Solid ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with other team members in the execution of large-scale projects
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.