Technology & Development
Data Engineer – Core Data Models & Reporting
We are open for this role to be based from one of our sweet offices in either:
King is the worldwide leader in mobile gaming, with more than 2 billion USD in yearly revenue and 340 million monthly active users thanks to brands like Candy Crush Saga.
With 14 Petabytes of data and dozens of billion events generated every day, data at King is in the heart of the business. The Shared Tech organisation at King – split across Barcelona, London and Stockholm – is responsible for processing all the data we receive each day and to use it to drive all of King's data and analytics needs.
You will be part of the Core Data Models & Reporting team, providing data products and services used widely across the company. You will help develop new features and products, maintain the existing ones as well as enhance our infrastructure, working in close collaboration with our users and your colleagues in a fast evolving and agile environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Engage directly with our stakeholders to understand the way they work and their problems
- Work in a highly collaborative team to devise solutions to business problems, bringing your skills and ideas into every discussion
- Contribute to the solutions at the backend of the data stack, from the ETL to data modelling, and occasionally work on the front end, on our BI reports and dashboards
- Take ownership and responsibility for the quality of the solutions, testing them and ensuring best practices are used throughout the development process – particularly with regard to self-explanatory code, maintainability and scalability
- Learn new technical skills when needed and use them to help the team achieve success
- Collaborate with other teams within the Shared Tech organisation to ensure the consistent and coherent growth of our data capabilities
Skills To Create Thrills
- Excellent SQL and query optimization skills and good understanding of data modelling techniques
- Solid Python programming and experience building data pipelines
- Google Cloud Platform including BigQuery or experience with other cloud computing provider
- Ability to understand business needs and turn these into meaningful data products
- Self-starter with a great drive and a curious and inquisitive mind-set
- Willing to step outside your comfort zone to broaden your skills and learn new technologies
- Highly collaborative work style and open to share your knowledge, receiving and giving feedback, performing code reviews and so on
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Experience with CI/CD automation and tools like Drone
- Experience with BI and Analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau or Qlik Sense
- Experience with infrastructure as code and tools like Terraform
- Exposure to Agile workplace
- Open source project contributions
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malm , London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
- Location: London – King – Ampersand; Barcelona – King – PG
- Type: Full time