Data Engineer – Home Based (Java / Scala / Python / Big Data Technologies)
Are you passionate about Data? Do you have a strong background in technologies such as Spark, Hive etc?
Location: UK wide – Home Based Role
Salary: up to £65,000 + Benefits & Pension
We are looking for Data Engineers to join an agile, dynamic and effect team for a global IT services company. Some of the roles available are for more Senior Data Engineers, and all roles require eligibility for, or currently valid SC clearance. (Security Clearance)
As a Data Engineer you will be working within delivery teams in an agile project environment. You will be involved and participate in design, development and implementation of Data applications. You will also be seen as a subject matter expert and will be looked at to develop and mentor junior engineers.
Essential Skills for the Data Engineer include (but not limited to):
- Experience supporting in the design, development and implementation of Data Technologies
- Have a strong background in Java or Scala Development
- Strong background with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hive, HBase
Desirable skills required for the Data Engineer include (But not limited to):
- Experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large scale problems
- Experience with Data Analytics (R, Python)
- Familiar with agile engineering practices
- Have an understanding of cloud platforms, such as AWS
This is a home based role.
If you are interested in hearing more, please do not hesitate to send through your CV