At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for data engineering lifecycle including research, proof of concepts, architecture, design, development, test, deployment and maintenance
- Design, develop and implement modular, optimized, flexible, scalable, reliable and quality solutions that transform data for meaningful analytics while ensuring operability
- Layer in instrumentation in the development process so that data pipelines can be monitored. Measurements are used to detect internal problems before they result into user visible outages or data quality issues
- Build processes and diagnostics tools to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize solutions and respond to customer and production issues
- Embrace continuous learning of engineering practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption, including DevOps, Cloud and Agile thinking
- Tech debt reduction/ Tech transformation including Open-source adoption, Cloud adoption
- Contribution to our industry community and strive to reuse and share components wherever possible across the organization
- Maintain high quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Interprets policies and applies experience
- Works independently
- Capability to work multi-platforms
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing Big Data solutions using Spark/Scala/Python
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub, Maven etc.
- Experience with gathering business requirements and with analyzing data
- Cloud experience (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Proficient in building relationship with stakeholder and maintaining it during the course of the project/program
- Proficient in working with cross functional teams
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.